The Covington County Fee adopted a preliminary checklist of tasks to be paid via $7.2 million of ARPA funds acquired in response to the COVID pandemic at a usually scheduled assembly Tuesday.
These tasks embrace working with LBW to resurface the school’s strolling path, renovating the jail, including a constructing that can facilitate medical companies, changing the 25-year-old boiler system, investing in broadband infrastructure that can serve the agricultural elements of the county, and making enhancements on the RV Campground and Park at Level A. “These are preliminary approvals for us to move forward with getting necessary professional services towards calculating estimates of costs and developing bids,” Chairman Greg White stated.
The fee authorised the Again to College Gross sales Tax Vacation this summer season, which is scheduled to run from Friday, July 15 via Sunday, July 17, 2022. “I’m sure the cities will also approve it, so you’re talking about a 10 percent savings on whatever you buy that weekend.”
The fee authorised a complete of $1,250 ($250 from every commissioner) from discretionary funds to assist the Covington County Youth Management Program.
The fee adopted two resolutions associated to their participation in Enhancing Alabama Counties, which supplies companies to make sure compliance with federal and state legal guidelines, as they expend the ARPA funds.
“We elected to use the standard allowance for revenue replacement for the county’s ARPA (COVID) funds (which allows us more flexibility in the types of projects that can be funded) and also accepted a reduced administrative fee from our association for helping manage those projects,” White stated.
In different enterprise:
- The fee introduced the appointment of a board member for OCAP (Organized Group Motion Program), which meets in Troy quarterly.
- The fee authorised the switch of a 2007 GMC Envoy from the Senior Companies Division to the sector to be used in transporting inmates to and from the sector for work element.
- The fee authorised the acquisition of two new Ford Explorers for the CCSO utilizing the Sheriff’s discretionary funds with two autos presently in his fleet to be traded in towards these purchases.
- The fee authorised the acceptance of two K9s by the CCSO from the Sheriff’s discretionary funds.
- The fee authorised the acquisition of a 12-month guarantee for X-ray screening on the Covington County Jail.
- The fee authorised a proposed contract with GovDeals.com, which is a web based public sale web site dealing with the disposal of things via bids and auctions.
- The fee authorised the emergency buy of tires for the Engineer’s division.
- The fee authorised the solicitation of bids for freeway striping paint, reflective beads, and glass media.
The subsequent assembly of the Covington County Fee will likely be held Tuesday, April 26, 9 a.m., on the Covington County Administration Constructing. The general public is invited to attend.